Saturday 26 July 2014

Launceston, Tasmania

Hi guys, I'm finally blogging again, this winter break(2014) have been crazy I tell you hehehhee. But it was awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Loved this winter break hehehe. Anyways, I'll do another post on the great ocean road trip that I had with my best friend and my girl.

So, back to Launceston, I went to Launceston with Cam and you know what, straight on the first day, before our flight, we were delayed for I don't know how long and we just sat there on the floor hehehhee.
After the delay, we boarded and was on our way hehehe, guess what, just before we got to land
the pilot told us that the Launceston airport was covered with fog and we couldn't land, just great!
Anyways, the pilot told us that if the fog don't clear up, we would have to fly back to Melbourne or go to Hobart first, OMG! SERIOUSLY! hahahaha, anyways we just circled the air for quite awhile and the fog finally cleared enough for us to land, WooHooooooo :) Happy for us :)

OK moving on, so what did I do there?
We didn't do much on the first day actually, we just bought some groceries and stayed home for the rest of the day. And we slept really really early
The next day, I explored the city and I can say that I walked the entire city in just that day. It wasn't big at all hehhee, it was a very very little city. But you know what, it is a really nice place actually, its really quiet like seriously, there's practically no one in the city at dark. and its really cold there, like every night when you go outside, you can see the smoke coming out of your mouth when you breathe, and even from your nose. it was cool, but cold hahhaa :) And like even the grass froze over in the morning giving this really nice white looking grass like in the morning, it's just so nice and peaceful there.

The best part for me was that I got to spend time with cam and just enjoyed each others company and time :) But it was hard having to leave, can't believe like 3 weeks of holidays just passes like that, and bam I'm back here in melbourne :(
But it's okay, time will come again :)

Anyways, in Launceston, we went to cataract gorge and sat on the world longest chairlift :) Woohooooooooooooo, yippy for us :) accomplishment unlock (teehee)
It was definitely a new experience and like I never sat on anything like that before, its not really scary actually, even though it is quite high and not much safety straps, pictures below :)
 The only thing that we didn't enjoy there was that this kid was like swinging the suspension bridge they had over there even though they were signs that say don't. Hellooooooo DON'T!, don't you understand english, ishhhhhh. The signs say no but you just have to do it eh. the worst part was that there was this lady said that it is okay, she lives here or something like that, its either the mother of the kid or just a friend, I was like shock, how can you say its okay, there are so many tourist on the suspension bridge and the kid was straight in the middle deliberately shaking the entire bridge. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN!

Anyhow, besides the cataract gorge, my friend david recommended us on trying two burger places that is supposedly the best they have in Launceston, burger got soul and flipburger :)
Oh man, they were both gooddddddd, yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in my tummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)
actually you know what, I prefer flip burger over burger got soul, one is that I find that the burger at flip burger is nicer than the burger got soul, the buns were nice and soft and everything goes so well together :)
secondly, they have sauce for the fries, unlike burger got soul, and that the fries comes together with the burger and not separate like BGS. And finally its cheaper too, awesome right, but that's just my opinion hahahaa, but loads to try still :) 

Furthermore, at cam's campus, they have this like event called the lazy sunday where people all over the school that wants to chill and have a BBQ and play some games gather, it was awesome, I went once only and I already like it, it's so nice how people just gather and chat, make friends and play games. And plus, I made quite a few friends there :) and I was somehow reacquainted with one of my friend that I had tuition with at ELC last time, which was like very long ago. He changed a lot and for a moment, even I couldn't recognize him, after that, we played basketball the next day with them and it was AWESOME! Had so much fun even though I played with my sandals, worst decision ever but I had no choice because I didn't bring my shoe. But who gives a shit hahahaahhaa

Lastly, we bought a carton of somersby apple cider which was like 50 AUD, its really cheap already :) and it was yummy, so gooddddd. And we had like steamboat the day before I left for melbourne, it was so good, yummy in my tummy, had lamb strips, pork, noodles, veges, and so on....... I also made cola chicken but the cola didn't reduce enough for us to it that night, too bad, but cam had it like the next day and she like it, yayyyy hahahhaha :)

I guess that's all that I had to say about Launceston, the place was great, but the people I stayed and had fun with was da best :)
Oops I forgotten to mention this place, this is a chocolate fudge milkshake and it is just so good :) yummy
This is from cocobean chocolate and they have the best chocolate there :)


Tram line in Launceston



Cataract Gorge, the basin

The world longest single chairlift


Hey there, cheeseeeeee :) <3



This is the Alexandra suspension bridge at cataract gorge



Well I guess this is all for now and I'll see you again Launceston, Tasmania :)
Stay tune guys
bye now :)
Cheers
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment