Friday 27 May 2016

English test towards PR in Australia

So what is PR? 

PR stands for permanent resident and its ridiculously hard to get one here in Australia. Even though some may say that it is easy to get, just wait a few years and get some experience and that will all add points to your chance in getting the PR.

However, the thing is, it's not as easy as everybody says it is, you want to get experience but nobody wants to hire you in your field because they say you lack experience! Does that even make sense? How can you expect us fresh graduates to gain experience when you don't even allow us the chance to gain some!!!! Modern day world problem!

Also, some companies make it so hard for us to get into their company by setting rules like, international students must have an English score in IELTS or PTE of 8 across the bands and thats just ridiculous. FYI, if we get 8 across, we could apply for PR already by ourselves. And the max score you can achieve is 9, so they are basically asking 8 out of 9 from us, it may be easy for those who came from english speaking country and or their first language is english, but for most of us, english isn't our first language and so I feel that it is unfair for us to have such a high requirement for english. I believe that the government here should revise their system and in allowing at least 7/9 to be able to apply for PR here, still 7/9 is not as easy as you think it might be.

Furthermore, we paid a lot of money for us to come all the way to Australia to further our studies, and not allowing us better chances in being able to apply for PR and in upbringing the economy here, it is just ridiculous in my opinion, I know some of you out there has other views about this, but don't take it personally because this are just "My Thoughts"!

I have however, been trying my best to get the required score for me to be able to apply for PR, Yesterday (27/5/2016) I took a PTE test and it was alright I guess, I felt that the speaking part was the hardest and the rest was rather okay. I hope this time, I will get there.

Conversely, I know those international students out there understand very vividly what I am talking about and they are probably feeling the same way as I do. But sometimes you just have to trust yourself in your ability and just let everything be!!

More to come when my results are out in a week's time hehe

Have a good day guys! 
Peace out :)


1 comment:

  1. You fresh grad? Want us to hire you? You better have 10 years of working experience!!

    ReplyDelete